Moi University, Kibabii University, Alupe University College in collaboration with experts from Karatina University and the University of Western Cape, South Africa are jointly organizing a training course on “Enhancing Strategic Leadership and Management of Higher Institutions of Learning in a Post Covid-19 Era”. This intensive training course is part of the National Multiplication Trainings (NMT) of the DIES programme (Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies) is coordinated by DAAD. The aim of the DIES programme is to strengthen higher education management structures in developing countries.
The main aim of this training is to equip the Heads of Departments in Kenyan universities with strategic leadership, faculty and financial management skills.
Requirements for Applicants
- Applicants must be Chair of Department in a Kenyan university with at least one year of experience as Chair of a Department.
- Applicants should be at least 30 years old by the time of application but not older than 50 years.
- Applicants should be from either public and private higher education institutions (HEIs), in Kenya
- The selected participants shall be required to take part in all the three workshops and report regularly on their individual change projects as the workshops are interconnected.
- Participants should not have taken part in a DIES/IDC-Africa training in the past.
- Commitment to attend the three workshops, develop and implement Project Action Plan (PAP) during the various stages of the training shall be a requirement.
- Female applicants who meet the above requirements are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application should include:
- Filling-in the online Application form (See the Application Procedure below)
- Curriculum Vitae (Not more than one (1) page) clearly stating your academic biography.
- One-page letter of motivation indicating why you would like to attend the training, your departmental and institutional goals for participation in the training.
- A two-page concept paper for the change project you plan to implement in your department. The topic of your project must be linked to one of the thematic areas of the training (e.g., project management, financial management, human resource management among others).
- Soft copy of your appointment letter as Chair of a Department.
- Support letter from your Dean of Faculty or University.
Interested applicants shall be expected to fill in the online application form accessible via the following link: https://forms.gle/n8B9ACsm1M6aBDjy6 and submit by Friday, 29th October 2021, 5 p.m. EAT.
The selection shall be based on merit. The selection process shall be considered by applicant’s motivation letter, viability and significance of the proposed change project, diversity subject areas, regional and gender balance.
Successful applicants shall be provided with meals, accommodation, training materials during face-to-face training while the participants or their institutions shall be expected to cover transport expenses.
Opening of the Call: 8th October 2021
Close of the Call: 29th October 2021 by 5.00 PM EAT.
Feedback on Selection Outcome: 19th November 2021
Phase I Workshop: 15th – 17th March 2022
Virtual Workshop: 5th – 6th July 2022
Phase II Workshop: 15th – 17th November 2022
For more details, download the Call for Application in PDF here